Salad isn't everyone's first choice for a main dish, but when you try out this shrimp salad, you're sure to start making it your entrée instead of your side.
This is a beautiful salad that fuses Eastern flavors with Western methods, where the shrimp is sliced into creative rings and broiled for just a matter of minutes. World-famous chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten drizzles a truffle-soy vinaigrette over crisp greens, adds the shrimp, then spoons a warm creamy Champagne vinegar beurre blanc over the top. Simple preparation, yet complex to the senses.
- 5-6 shrimp (16-18 count per lb), peeled & deveined
- 1 tbsp butter + drizzle of olive oil for baking/broiler pan
- salt to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1½ cups Spring lettuce mix (crispy leaves including oak leaves, spinach, arugula, beet greens or other favorite crisp greens)
- avocado slices
- enoki mushrooms
- 1-2 tbsp peeled & diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup truffle juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste (optional; taste vinaigrette before seasoning)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2/3 cup Champagne vinegar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 stick butter, cut in cubes
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- broiler pan/sizzle platter
For more details, visit the link below for how2heroes.
It’s Black Friday week on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all of the big sales in the Gadget Hacks and Null Byte shops. And if you’ve been wanting to take some classes without going into debt, check out our best deals on online courses for a variety of skill sets. Don’t miss out on these huge discounts: