Salad isn't everyone's first choice for a main dish, but when you try out this shrimp salad, you're sure to start making it your entrée instead of your side.
This is a beautiful salad that fuses Eastern flavors with Western methods, where the shrimp is sliced into creative rings and broiled for just a matter of minutes. World-famous chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten drizzles a truffle-soy vinaigrette over crisp greens, adds the shrimp, then spoons a warm creamy Champagne vinegar beurre blanc over the top. Simple preparation, yet complex to the senses.
- 5-6 shrimp (16-18 count per lb), peeled & deveined
- 1 tbsp butter + drizzle of olive oil for baking/broiler pan
- salt to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1½ cups Spring lettuce mix (crispy leaves including oak leaves, spinach, arugula, beet greens or other favorite crisp greens)
- avocado slices
- enoki mushrooms
- 1-2 tbsp peeled & diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup truffle juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste (optional; taste vinaigrette before seasoning)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2/3 cup Champagne vinegar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 stick butter, cut in cubes
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- broiler pan/sizzle platter
For more details, visit the link below for how2heroes.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.