How to Make a Vietnamese salad with Gwyneth Paltrow
Gwyneth Paltrow joins Chef Lee Gross in the kitchen for a mouth-watering Vietnamese salad, a healthy, quick Vietnamese salad that has a great crunch and lots of refreshing flavors. This video recipe was made for Paltrow's website: GOOP.
This wonderfully crunchy salad is a must for any salad fan. It's wonderful on its own and also takes well to simply prepared proteins; grilled fish, shrimp, chicken or tofu are great.
TIME: 15 minutes
* 4 large bok choy leaves, rough bottoms discarded, stems cut into ¼" bias and leaves shredded
* 4 big leaves Napa cabbage, shredded
* 1 bunch watercress (discard thick stems), roughly chopped
* 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
* the leaves from about 8 stems each basil, mint, cilantro, roughly chopped
* ½ small cucumber, thinly sliced on the bias
* 1 red Thai chili (or more…or less), thinly sliced
* ½ cup roasted, salted peanuts, roughly chopped
* Vietnamese Dressing (see recipe below)
* grilled fish, shrimp, tuna, chicken, or tofu for serving (optional)
Download a Printable PDF of this Vietnamese salad.
Try a Vietnamese dressing, too! A perfect balance of hot, sour, salty and sweet, this dressing is like a flavor knockout—also a great dip for summer rolls.
Download a Printable PDF of the Vietnamese dressing.