Gwyneth Paltrow joins Chef Lee Gross in the kitchen for a mouth-watering Vietnamese salad, a healthy, quick Vietnamese salad that has a great crunch and lots of refreshing flavors. This video recipe was made for Paltrow's website: GOOP.
This wonderfully crunchy salad is a must for any salad fan. It's wonderful on its own and also takes well to simply prepared proteins; grilled fish, shrimp, chicken or tofu are great.
TIME: 15 minutes
* 4 large bok choy leaves, rough bottoms discarded, stems cut into ¼" bias and leaves shredded
* 4 big leaves Napa cabbage, shredded
* 1 bunch watercress (discard thick stems), roughly chopped
* 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
* the leaves from about 8 stems each basil, mint, cilantro, roughly chopped
* ½ small cucumber, thinly sliced on the bias
* 1 red Thai chili (or more…or less), thinly sliced
* ½ cup roasted, salted peanuts, roughly chopped
* Vietnamese Dressing (see recipe below)
* grilled fish, shrimp, tuna, chicken, or tofu for serving (optional)
Download a Printable PDF of this Vietnamese salad.
Try a Vietnamese dressing, too! A perfect balance of hot, sour, salty and sweet, this dressing is like a flavor knockout—also a great dip for summer rolls.
Download a Printable PDF of the Vietnamese dressing.
It’s Black Friday week on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all of the big sales in the Gadget Hacks and Null Byte shops. And if you’ve been wanting to take some classes without going into debt, check out our best deals on online courses for a variety of skill sets. Don’t miss out on these huge discounts: