Want to know what the perfect summer salad is? Let's just say it involved mouthwatering watermelon. And feta cheese! Check out this video recipe for a watermelon and feta salad.
Nothing beats the heat like watermelon. Light and refreshing, it has a texture that goes perfectly in a salad with just a bit of crunch and its own indigenous sweetness. Balsamic vinegar and feta cheese add all of the seasoning and zest you need and fresh basil kicks in its unmistakable aroma and flavor. Annie B. Copps, Food Editor at Yankee Magazine, knows a thing or two about entertaining and this salad is a winner for your next outdoor get-together.
* 4 cups watermelon cut into 1" cubes
* 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
* 8 oz (1½ cups) crumbled feta cheese
* 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (or scallions)
* 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped (or other sweet herb such as chervil or tarragon)
1. In a small bowl gently combine the watermelon, vinegar and red onion
2. Add most of the feta cheese and basil, reserving some of each for garnishing the finished dish, and mix gently
3. Spoon onto a serving platter and sprinkle with reserved feta cheese and basil
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades