See how to make a favorite recipe of most everyone… the Caprese salad. If you like mozzarella cheese and tomatoes, this is the salad for you. Heck, it looks more like a sandwich, but it screams salad. See how to make the Caprese salad.
Ripe tomatoes and creamy mozzarella are the foundation of this dish. Subtle seasoning and aromatic basil set the stage for a drizzle of olive oil and a finishing touch of balsamic vinegar. The colors, aromas and flavors make this the prefect summer salad or small lunch.
* medium size, round, ripe tomatoes, 1 per serving
* fresh mozzarella, log shape preferred
* fresh basil leaves
* extra virgin olive oil
* balsamic vinegar
* kalamata olives
* chopped cilantro
1. Slice the tomatoes and the mozzarella into ¼ - ? inch thick slices. Sprinkle a little salt on the tomato slices to bring out the flavor
2. Alternate the tomato and mozzarella slices while arranging them on a platter or individual flat plates
3. Garnish liberally with torn basil leaves and top with the balsamic vinegar
Build a Tomato Tower
1. Stack the slices on individual plates, giving each tomato slice a pinch of salt and vinegar
2. Garnish with basil leaves
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.